OS plays a major role in multitasking systems, for a time specific systems a hard time OS intended to process data as it comes in, typically without buffering delays. In more advanced system which does a specific task needs a Real Time Operating System(RTOS) to manage. According to a 2014 Embedded Market Study, the following RTOSes are among the top 5 operating systems used in the embedded systems market:
- Embedded C and Data Structure
- Embedded System Principles
- Embedded System Programming – 8/16/32 Bit Microcontrollers
- I/O Interface Protocols – RS232, I2C, SPI, CAN
- Embedded CPU - ARM Cortex, Beagle Bone, Arduino, Raspberry PI.
- OS Principles
- RTOS Principles
- RTOS System - System Booting, Boot loader, Device Driver, BSP, Kernel
- RTOS Programming - Task, Inter Process Communication, Resource Management, Memory management.
- RTOS - Free RTOS / WinCE / µCos.